Sunday, September 23, 2007

Road map of life

taken form my live journal...November 2000.

Here I go following yet another gentle swerve in the road. I have taken up quilting and I am absolutely loving it!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not happy unless I am creating something. I have, since the age of 10, crocheted, knitted, macrame'd, made clothing, cross-stitched, made way too many Christmas ornaments, caught the beading bug, designed web pages and sites, sewn, and now-for the second time-made blankies. As a little girl, I made Christmas trees out of Reader's Digests and wreaths out of everything from baggies to netting with my Mom. A few years ago, I had a blast learning pixel-art from Vikimouse.

However, I digress. I have joined a few online groups for quilters and have made some wonderful quilty friends. There are many opportunities there to sow into peoples' lives as a lot of the woman support different charities and always appreciate a helping hand.

I will complete a string quilt this morning that I made for Rhonda to give to the Lupus Foundation. It feels wonderful to do something that makes a difference in peoples' lives. This quilt will comfort an ill person, providing both warmth and security. God forbid, if the person passes on, the quilt will comfort those left behind as a gentle reminder of their lost one.

Creating makes me happy!

******
If this post leads you down a similar path of self-discovery, pleas click on the trackback link below to let me know that they have written an entry in your blog about my post or leave a comment:).

Enjoy the journey~.

0 comments: