Sunday, September 23, 2007

2nd letter to a friend...

Taken from my live journal...02/07

God has been uber-busy in blessing my home, my life, my family, and my friends.

It is so exciting that He has called me to the ministry that I always knew to be a part of my life someday. I am having a wonderful time watching Him heal hearts in the people I cherish most. He never ceases to amaze me...from wee little things to huge ones...I stay in awe of Him and this is one place I love being in.

The world is full of broken people. He has always enabled me to see past a persons behavior and then see what is really underlying it. This is a gift I treasure. I get so encouraged because I know that everything He gives me is available to any one who wants it, too. When we hurt, it is so hard to see past that hurt. Seeing past the current behavior to the cause allows me to minister to people's hearts. Can it ever get anymore exciting than that?

Many times over the years, I have whined to God that He sent way too many people to my home and I got frustrated cause I felt like I should do more for them than I was. He is so wise! I needed to be in relationship with all of those people so that when He was ready to heal them, He could.

Not once in all my life have I appreciated the way God chooses to do things...He even says His ways are not our ways...wow...now that's an understatement. I even tell Him how I appreciate his twisted sence of humor...lol. Only He is capable of doing His job and I am so relieved that I finally understand what is-or is not- my responsibilty. I LOVE reminding Him of His:). It is so freeing for me to just take care of my job and let God handle all the rest.

I am considering adding a spot on my website where I will share my experiences and pearls of wisdom gleaned from them. I may even post some emails I get and the responses I sent. What do you think? (My kids call me Dr. Phyl:).

Wow...for someone who was gonna rip off a quick note to you, it seems I can ramble...lol. I think of you often and you are always in my prayers. I count you among the blessings in my life. I felt an immediate connection to you and now I know why. We love the same God:).

Love and hugs,

Phyl~

******
If this post leads you down a similar path of self-discovery, pleas click on the trackback link below to let me know that they have written an entry in your blog about my post or leave a comment:).

Enjoy the journey~.

0 comments: