Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mom, I'm going home.

So, it finally happened. My 18 year old son moved out this evening. What a rush of mixed emotions. I am proud of him and the choices he has made, scared for all ou us cause he has flown from the nest, excited for him and all the possibilities that exist for him, and yet sad to see him go.

I know he is a big boy...almost a man...but he is still my baby. He is the third one to grow up on me. Seems like the day babies are born, we are at odds with them. By virtue of the fact that they are human and temporary gifts from God, they begin growing up and away from us rather quickly.

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
                                           -Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of life's longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
                                           -Kahlil Gibran


Even knowing that it is inevitable, I don't find it easy to let them go; my heart rips.
And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
                                           -Kahlil Gibran

I wish you the best from the bottom of my heart, Son,
Mom~

******
If this post leads you down a similar path of self-discovery, put a link to your post in the Mr. Linky and leave a comment:). Enjoy the journey~.

0 comments: